Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kern and Adelaine Lee's Wedding and My Kebaya

Singapore, August 10, 2009
Shang-Rila Island Ballroom

Kern and Adelaine "Dolly" Lee's wedding was my second wedding celebration I have attended in Singapore.
Exclusively for this wedding, I nominate it as one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to. Simply stunning and elegant. I enjoyed myself. I'm glad I can actually be a part of the wedding celebration.

Yes, I did sing for them:
  • The Prelude with Mike Blanding and Angelene Tjoandi in "Fly Me to the Moon". Re-arranged by us three and our beloved person on keys, Arnold Manzano (brother of the bride).
  • The Procession with the ENCS Music Team in "That Is Why". Re-arranged by Arnold, Angel and me.
  • The Worship with the ENCS Music Team (complete with Ps Neli and Tina Atiga) in "Shout to the Lord" and "There Is None Like You"
Nervous, yes. Most importantly, I'm really dedicating my singing to God for just giving me that talent, which I will always be thankful for, and to Dolly for just being a great encourager and friend. Oh, and to my PARENTS who are VERY supportive in so many ways to help me cultivate that talent. Hope I did make them all proud!!

The fact that I wore my Kebaya that day made me wanna jump up and down in joy! It was my VERY first Kebaya and I it is VERY beautiful. Thanks to Majalah Kartini (magazine) for the design inspiration and to Ms Nadia Adiprana (and husband) for taking the time to drive me all the way to the tailor (TWICE!) despite their busy schedule. Yes, my first Kebaya is custom made and design by myself. Woots! I'm urged to make another one when I'm in Jakarta =D

Here are the results..... Paparazzi swormed to take pictures of both Angel and I in Kebaya.

So whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment