Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ho-Ho-Ho Update from North Pole (almost)

It's that time of the year again..

CHRISTMAS!

well, not yet.. but almost!

Instead of going back to hometown, Jakarta, I head up to Toronto, Canada!
Instead of warm, sunny weather, I have cold, cloudy weather!
Instead of wearing t-shirt and shorts, I wear layers after layers of clothing!
Instead of another Christmas in a tropical island, I will be having a WHITE CHRISTMAS!

Finally, I really enjoy singing "Let It Snow" and "White Christmas" because I will be experiencing it soon!! Whhee!!!

My first winter with snow ever! My first Christmas in North America, particularly, Canada.

It's going to be great!
I'm going to have to bundle up though, because I think I have already been feeling numb from the wind chills.


TODAY -- Sat, Dec 5, 2009 -- Toronto, Canada

Met up with Ashley Ee, the Canadian (hehe) who came to Singapore for exchange.
Rode the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) -- train and streetcar-- from Finch Station to Union Station, then to Harbourfront.
Had a great time strolling around Harbourfront area, Eaton Centre and City Hall.
Watched an ice skating performance outdoor in Harbourfront.
Caught a street dancing show in their mini Esplanade-like theatre studio.
Watched Jully Black outdoor concert and fireworks at the Cavalade of Lights at City Hall.
Figured that she's an awesome R&B artiste that has great band members!
Stood there at City Hall at 7 pm until 8.30 pm with the super chilly weather.
NUMB - NUMB - NUMB
I think I almost had a frostbite -- my toes were feeling it.
Final stop, McDonald's for some hot drinks before going back to the TTC all the way home.

Oh, weather update: - 5 degrees Celsius
I think throughout the whole strolling time, it was around 2 degrees to - 5 degrees.
I really hate the wind.

More updates soon...
Pictures still not transferable at this moment.
Will try soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment